Listen to Crossroads!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

More New Music!

Aiiight, so today I am real proud to announce the release of Kharakter's sophomore album, the Composition of Karma. When people talk about "Oh, thats my boy from way back in the day!", Kharakter is literally one of my closest friends from way back when. We used to kick freestyle raps in parking lots at family functions, trying to act like we were hot, putting on a show for a bunch of little kids who would care enough to listen. Regardless, we've come a long way since, and so for us to both get on this track was half destiny, and all necessary.

I got an IM from Kharakter about 2 weeks ago, talking about how he was pushing to finish the album and he wanted me to hop on a track with him if possible. I told it was nothing, and since I was in Boston at the time, I told him it was going down, word to Yung Joc. He sent me the beat, with a rough draft of his verse and so I started building off of that. Initially, the vibe from the beat was very different from most of the stuff that we, Green Street, work with. But, as you can tell, it was a banger, so I got to scribin'. I took his first line "I'm '94 fly, turn the dial, I'm on 94 five..." and ran with that to start my verse. Honestly, I had no idea that it was turn out like it finally did, with the hook and Flipside's 3rd verse, and so when I heard the final version, I was lovin' it.

So, enjoy it and do yourself a favor and check out Kharakter's whole album, as well as a lot of other material from his label, On Trak Entertainment at http://www.ontrakent.com/artist.html. Got it? Hit me up, hit him up, and let the world know. Until next time, I'm outtie, peaace.


11 Cloud Nine (feat. A-Live, The Flipside, and Alex Cabral).mp3 - Kharakter


-A-live

1 comments:

Anonymous says:
August 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM

You gotta be kidding me...this shit is RIDiculous!!! Ya'll keep doing ya thing...I only gave it a quick listen cause I'm getting ready to get on a plane soon, but Im gonna revisit this and there better be more shit when I get back from my trip.

-E

"Somewhere in a small town, somewhere lockin em all down..."